40 hours a week?

I'm going back to work after 6 months off, I was an am still a full time employee with my job. The insurance company that managed my LOA has submitted my return to work to my supervisor. My supervisor is telling me that since the schedule was already made, he has no where to put me and isn't guaranteeing me 40 hours a week for the next 3 weeks. At my job, I'm guaranteed 40 hours a week as a full time. Is there any thing I can do to fight it? 

For the record, they've known of my return for over 2 weeks. And they have part time people and reliefs (on call) working 40 hours a week, my position. 

• Eva

In the US, there is no such thing as guaranteed hours unless you are under a written contract that specifies that.  You've been off for 6 months and have just notified your supervisor that you're ready to come back.  They haven't been sitting around holding your hours open for all that time.  They've needed someone to cover your hours.  It is unreasonable for you to think that they can take away other people's scheduled hours to make room for you.  Going from not working at all to working a 40 hour week is going to be hard on you as well.  Be grateful that they give you any hours at all and allow you to transition back into your job.

Give your boss more notice next time of your return date so that you can be properly scheduled.  If your contract somehow guarantees hours, then hold him to it. 

• Maxi

If you have a contract for 40 hours and they only find you 20 hours of work they still have to pay you for the 40 hours as it is contracted otherwise it would be a breach of contract on their part...........

• 28AKO

U just going to have to wait until the new schedule is made to be added on or he can probably send u to another store if it's a store or restaurant u work at to get your forty hours. That's if they're all within same company maybe, just ask