I have an issue with sister choosing and following Islam religion. ?

So my sister converted into this religion some years ago. I don't believe in any religion and dislike many of the aspects of believing in gods/goddesses. 

I have a big issue with this, as many of our conversations of other topics come back to this issue of her believing in god. It's like changed every aspect of her life. 

I have a big problem with what start as little things, and eventually turn into big issues. For example, she doesn't eat pork. While I completely understand the explanations: animal welfare, trying to be vegetarian, etc.. her answer of: "because god said so" just gets me very angry as I find it to be irrational. 

There are other issues that come from this one little topic and I can't seem to bring some sense into her. She always says in the end "It's just faith" because she has no other way of explaining. 

What can I do about this. It gets me very upset that someone can be so irrational. I feel that this will definitely have an effect on my future nieces/nephews and also it makes me not want to be around someone like this. I've broken up a friendship because an old friend also became crazy religious. 

Favorite Answer

Try this.  When she says It's just faith, you hear I'm doing it because I want to.  We sometimes just have to accept that people will have their own reasons for doing things.  If you don't object to what she's actually doing, you can overlook why she's doing it.  

If you feel like the conversations focus too much on religion, keep changing the subject.  Once she has children, the conversations may start focusing too much on child-rearing!  

IF SHE IS 18 SHE CAN MAKE her own decisions BUT JESUS IS STILL THE TRUE KING!!

What can you do about her chosen religion? Stop discussing it! Accept who she is and what her choices are, even though they are not your choices.

Islam leads to hell because it rejects the truths that the Lord Jesus Christ is God and Savior.  So get completely away from islam.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. It is too late to be saved, after death.

.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

I've spent years talking to people with various religious beliefs - and for many of them, it can be a source of strength, hope, and peace.

I've also known those for whom belief in 'god(s)' was a crutch that prevented them from having (or learning how) to deal/cope with things, and in some cases it can be a weight around their neck that prevents them from making choices for themselves, or living their lives.

I've watched a few people 'rubber-band' between belief and unbelief - or 'backslide' then become overzealous - only to backslide again (repeat ad naseum).

It can be difficult when a friend or family member gets pulled into religion and stops thinking logically or making rational choices - but I would keep the lines of communication open, and keep asking her questions about why she believes - and see if you can get her to see the flaws in her reasoning (and that of the religion she ascribes to).

Oh well more bacon for you 

• Mike

You need to find professional help to deal with your issue.  Her belief is her choice, not yours.

You call it irrational and it may be, but her belief is not really hurting you or anyone else.  Being intolerant is not healthy.