Nanny won't respond to my messages?

I had a nanny who cared for my children for four years. I had to let her go during covid. She was like family to us. I've texted her a handful of times since then asking her to baby-sit for a few hours here and there. She hasn't responded at all. Why wouldn't she respond? Should I call instead? I was hoping my kids could still have a relationship with her 

It seems unprofessional to ignore someone.

• n2mama
    Favorite Answer

She may feel that it was unprofessional for you to have fired her during COVID when you claim she was “like family”. While it’s understandable that COVID forced a lot of changes, by terminating her employment you may have caused her to end up in debt, pending eviction, etc. She may not look very kindly on being treated that way, especially by someone she thought cared about her.

Either way, she isn’t interested in babysitting for a few hours here and there. She doesn’t want to deal with you, let it go and find a different babysitter.

It is not unprofessional for the nanny to ignore your messages and not respond to your messages. Call the nanny and if she doesn't answer then leave her a voicemail message. If she doesn't respond to the voicemail message then let her be. There could be many reasons why the nanny is making the choice not to respond to your messages. The nanny probably was hurt after caring for your children for four years and becoming like family only to be let go during covid. The nanny could have obtained a different nanny job. The nanny could have decided that she doesn't want to baby-sit for a few hours here and there just to have a relationship with your kids.

Mariah?  Is that you?

Source(s): You already ruined your relationship with your nanny by firing her and now you're expecting her to act as if everything's okay?

I would imagine that she's bitter about being terminated and somewhat hurt after losing out on seeing the children that she's become attached to. She's probably obtained other employment by now. I'd recommend not bothering her anymore.

There could be any number of reasons you don't get a response;  the most likely one is that she doesn't WANT to respond. So leave her alone. If she's not available, she's not available. 

• Scott

So what? How would we know what's going on? She obviously doesn't want to be contacted by you.

It could be because you let her go.   Or maybe her phone broke or she changed phone numbers or died.

Well there was a reason you let her go either because of Finacial or safety precautions.and honestly I wouldn’t hire another babysitter due to covid going on.just let her go.

Maybe she changed phones?  Maybe she is on vacation? Maybe she was murdered?  Next time, don't hire unprofessional nannys.

It is also super childish to only text. Especially only when you want something.If she is like family, why weren't you face timing her all the time?