jamesbronson asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

My tomato stays in same place and doesn't move!?

I acquired a tomato frog about two weeks ago. I've noticed that he stays in the same hide all day long above ground. He doesn't come out, he doesn't burrow, and his water bowl has been noticeably clean (although he may still use it because he doesn't burrow and doesn't get dirty? - I do change the water every day, though). He does eat voraciously whenever I drop a few crickets in the tank and they pass by him. Is this something I should be worried about?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • funnel
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Oh absolutely be worried about that. You should ck for meds for the poor thing like Croakadenyal or Tomatall. Be careful tho. sideeffectsincludenotaciblycleanwaterbowlstayinginsameplacenotcomingoutnotburrowingvoraciouslyeatingCricketsandcroaking

• Thea
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

They are ambush hunters and will just sit in the same spot waiting for food to wander within reach. Since he has been eating I wouldn't worry too much.

They are not great jumpers so provide a low sided water dish that he can easily move into and use an aquarium water conditioner that removes both chlorine and chloramines.

• 4 weeks ago

He may stillbe acclimating.   Its possible he comes out when you are not within sight..  Like late in the evening

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My tomato stays in the same place. Of course it does! Oh, tomato frog...

Give it time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Are you sure your pet is a real frog, and not a tomato?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.