Are men supposed to care what women think?

So many times I’ve seen adverts encouraging manscaping or facial hair growth with the captions that women “prefer” it. Growing up, many people used such cliches such as me wanting a higher voice, “girls like it when guys”, etc or if I wanted to wear certain things “girls don’t like it when guys”, etc. 

Yet I see no adverts encouraging women to groom in ways men “prefer” or anyone telling young girls what guys do and don’t like.

Nope. But you’ll get the idea of what the opposite sex wants.

• Foofa

Men only have to care what women think if they hope to have sex with women. Celibate men, gay men, asexual men and others who have no interest in women have no real reason to care what women think about their personal grooming. Of course they still have to listen to their female coworkers and bosses. But as long as you don't want anything from me I'm not going to exert my personal grooming preferences onto you. 

@Bill this question wasn’t an excuse for you to go on an anti feminist rant. You didn’t answer it either. 

But to get back to what you’re saying, in your world we men aren’t even allowed to wax? What am I meant to do about the thick, black jungle that will emerge on my chest, back, etc? I get rid of it not because females prefer it but because it seems unhygienic not to. 

EDIT: Yes practically did you started on porn and how you don’t like the guys being manscaped. 

Bad boys are often NOT alpha, goes to show much much you know. I’ve been and seen it so many times. Give off those vibes and then none of their relationships last, often because she has the lead like you said (only thing I agree on). I am gradually being treated with less respect now I try not to be a “bad boy” as in the less obnoxious and paranoid I act, the less women respect me. 

• keerok

From where I am, you'll see more opinions on how girls should look. In fact, girls get to say their opinions always giving no time for the guys to even think for themselves.

• Zirp

> I see no adverts encouraging women to groom in ways men “prefer” or anyone telling young girls what guys do and don’t like.

That's because it's so ubiquitous or subtle that you don't notice it. it's in movies (and not just porn-), in make-up-commercials, in fashion, in peer pressure...

How do you think cosmetic surgeons get so rich "enhancing" boobs and "correcting" labia?