Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

How many people write things down instead of relying on your smartphone or computer ?

Americans have become lazy and don’t document things like they used to. Nothing beats writing things down. It’s fast and dependable. 

I do either depending on the situation

• JASON

I agree, you can scan a page of writing better than an electronic device. My preferred notebook is a Filofax, no eighties jokes please, as you can reorder the pages, take pages out, put new pages in.

I write things down then stick it under my laptop so I know where it is...but I  forget  where I put the paper  sometimes  and then find all these bits of paper under my  comp  wondering  what they all are..

Just this morning I spotted an email in spam, thought I clicked on to move it into inbox, instead deleted it by accidentally permanently, unaware of its contents, bar it was something to do with the Yahoo data leakage resolution!

Not to mention the numerous email accounts I have lost access to because can't remember what the password is! Or because due to Wi-Fi problems the password I typed has been adjusted, for example I opened an account, it refused all the passwords I typed, which I made a  written note of, finally fed up typed off the top of my head! It accepted! Ouch! 

Not knowing what the exact word was, whilst active in the account, I tried to recover it. Long story short got told I couldn't prove the account was mine! Eh? Outcome lost the account!

Trust technology don't think so!

If it's on paper it's easy to flick through. Locate!

Don't need hours and hours and hours only to find the signal drops and it's back to the beginning....😭

• G

When we can no longer believe in computers we can no longer feel taken care of by asphyxiation.

what if you lose the piece of paper?

It's better to save it to a folder which is backed up, preferably to the cloud.

Depends what you term "writing down."  My legal documents, and other necessary papers are, of course, written down.

I make lists of shopping necessities, and give written instructions for jobs I need done.  There is no "oh, I forgot" in this house and home.