Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

Can appendicitis be silent ? NEED ADVICE PLEASE. IM WORRIED ?

I overthink. 

I developed a dull pain/ pressure around my belly button four days ago. It’s extremely dull. Like a 1 out of 10. I experienced some nausea after eating two times throughout these four days. My entire stomach area been cramping but like 1 out of 10 and majority of the time I feel okay throughout the day. I just ate something rn and it made me sick. Minutes before, I felt a pressure around my belly button. Currently, my stomach feels really soft to touch and I’m hearing/feeling churning sounds along with slight nausea. 

I always expect the pain of appendicitis to be intense asf along with fever. I do get on and off tender points and I had some yesterday but not right now. It doesn’t hurt to let go. It just kinda hurts to push down but once I let go the pain is gone. 

I suffer with GERD, a bit of IBS, and I took strong antibiotics a day before I started to experience this. Any advice would be appreciated because I get concerned about appendicitis and I don’t like feeling weird stuff 

• Barry

It may be the start of an umbilical hernia. See a doctor asap.

• Matt

you haven't got it - if it is appendicitis you would be doubled up in pain

• Olive

Appendix can be around that area but more around toward right side. Acid Reflux can cause lot of bloating and pressure and nausea. Its really hard to say. Best bet would be to check with doctor to be on safe side