Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

girlfriend is insecure what to do?

she's 19 and i'm 20, we've been dating for 5 years. we get along well except she sometimes gets jealous of other girls. like a couple days ago we were eating inside a restaurant and she tried to claim the waitress was flirting with me. i didn't feel she was doing anything out of the ordinary. she became very jealous and this always happens when the girl is pretty. if it's some fat, old or ugly girl she isn't bothered by her, even if that person was to flirt with me. she hates girls who think they are better looking than her. i've already told her i dont care about anyone but her nor interested but it doesn't seem to be enough. what else can i do?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If she cannot stop her jealous crap, your life will be more bs as time goes on with her. Maybe you need to move on. You have put up with this crap for 5 years, she will never change. You tell her its over if she keeps this up.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It’s only going to get worse. 

Unhealthy jealousy rarely looks unhealthy in the beginning, it can look loving, passionate and exciting, she can't get enough of you, she loves you so much that she just wants you all to herself. This may feel sweet in the beginning but it’s not cute long-term. She might make statements that are thinly veiled statements of jealousy. She doesn’t think anyone else can appreciate you the way she does, or you're so amazing that she believes everyone loves you as much as she does and can't bear to share you. These kinds of statements can sound great, and flattering, but the underlying insecurity and attempt to control you are not the foundation of a lasting relationship.

Unhealthy jealousy can spin out of control into emotionally abusive relationships with only very subtle warnings along the way. Pay attention, and if you see something like jealousy, it’s a red flag. When she suspects you and everyone around you of having the worst of intentions, this can look lots of different ways, but automatically assuming you're in the wrong is the theme here. She’ll look through your phone, she’ll check up on you while you are out she’ll ruin your day and she’ll question you in a way that’s not in the spirit of interest, but rather information gathering.

The sign which could reveal extreme jealousy is emotional dependency, emotional dependency means that she wants to keep you to herself. Even if you are unhappy in your relationship, she feels that it’s too risky for you to be alone, and she’s afraid of the unknown. 

• Jenny
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

definitely confront her about this, a relationship that requires constant reassurance will soon become extremely exhausting for both participants.

And its good to be honest & blunt, she is not a kid anymore 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.