hi there, i was looking at insider buying and i dont understand why the numbers dont match....my full question below, thank you guys!?

hey there everyone, i have a question...theres a company where insiders purchased stock in there own company, how ever i dont understand why everywhere it shows the CFO of the company purchased 2500 shares for $22.50 a share few days ago...however the stock has never even been close to as high as $22.50...this entire year it has not gone over $12.49...i have seen this happen before, what's the reason for this? why do i sometimes see insider buying where it claims a insider spent a certain amount of money per share but the stock has no record being that high? thank you guys.....

Favorite Answer

Without doing more research I cannot be sure, but my guess is that the purchase was for preferred stock, not common stock. 

• kswck2

Insider trading is Illegal. This is what caused the 1929 Stock Market Crash. 

Asked & answered. Would you stop asking?