Would rebuilding the storage sheds require permits?

- Sheds will be rebuilt using the same specs as what is already in the plans the city has. 

Attachment image

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

As everyone here says, different areas have different permit requirements. It is my understanding that in my area building a storage shed does not need a permit if people are not residing in the structure...?

• 1 month ago

It depends on your local laws--not on Yahoo. You need to call your city's permitting office and ask them. 

• 1 month ago

Depends on where you are. HERE EVEN to put up a fence a permit is needed. TO PUT UP A 2 ft tall picket fence in your front yard requires a city permit which cost $100.00 and a inspector to approve it. The permit is also only good for construction for 60 days and has to be displayed.

• 1 month ago

Without an actual address, we can only GUESS what requires a permit. I can literally look out my window and see a house in a different jurisdiction subject to different permit requirements.

Some jurisdictions don't require a permit to replace 'in kind'. Others require a permit to replace a light switch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The city know already so you are not changing anything.  You are using the same plan so no additional structures.   Think of it as PAINTING THEM.  You do not need a permit to paint them.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

State and local bylaws come into play. In my town, any demolition and or construction, requires a permit. If I want to build a dog house, I need a permit.

• 1 month ago

in my community, they'd never know so I'd just do it

• G R
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most permits that counties "require" are completely useless and just a way for them to make money.  Most people don't pull permits.  Is the shed in your backyard and is it a smaller one?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It wouldn't in my part of the world, but that isn't really going to help you. You need to check the local regulations. It is not difficult to do. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't ask strangers!  Call up your city planning department and ask for advice.  Every jurisdiction has different rules.  I know that I wouldn't because I asked with a quick call instead of going through the online system which wasn't set up for small things like that.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.