How can I motivate my high school students?

extra credit, home work passes to the top 5 students

A speech can be converted into a story, human has a nature of listening story rather than a class lecture. Make fun and make a friendly environment with the student. Actually, it depends on the situation of that place and how well you utilize all of your tricks.

I danced to I should have been a cowboy every day 

Give them candy or something BUT AT THE END OF CLASS because they will be hyper and just let the next teacher or parents deal with it. Give them soda maybe too. Also play some music they like. Change it up play pop one day, then some rock, then some country, then a little something else. Also, be interesting be a memorable teacher and one that they tell their friends stories about. Maybe you don’t like being talked about but if they remember you they will remember they class and if they remember the class they will remember what they learned 

Try whipping them.

So, you didn't learn this in your years of education and training?  You didn't even learn how to put forward a reasonable question?  I don't know why you post this crap, but please stop.