Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

weight fluctuation or weight gain?

alright so i’m almost 19, 5ft tall, and used to weight like 87.5 in the morning. i legit haven’t changed a thing and now my dumbass weights like 89-90 in the morning. i’m confused???? why am i gaining weight??? is this just weight fluctuation? i feel like my weight has done this before and i go through periods where my weight goes up and then it goes back down. idk is this weight fluctuation normal? should i worry? thanks lol

Hi! Weight fluctuation is totally normal, and you shouldn't worry too much about it! Just a few pounds isn't a big deal at all; It only really becomes concerning once the weight is significant.

I'd recommend always weighing yourself at the same time of day (maybe right after waking up, before you've eaten anything). That should make your weight more consistent, and help you understand if you're actually gaining real weight or not. Best of luck!

--  It depends upon what you ate the night before, how much liquid you have drunk and retained and whether you are dressed identically when weighing yourself.

-- Weight fluctuates between 3-6 lbs (2-3kgs) every day, and at different times of the day.

--  FYI -- you need to learn to spell and use correct grammar.

Hi almost 19, 5ft tall, and used to weight like 87.5 in the morning. I'm Dad 👨

It is normal like water weight. You likely did not lose real fat weight