Why should a vote be allowed to be counted after the day of the election. I thought we had a no later then date to submit.?

In all of my 8 deployments between Iraq and Afghanistan. We had a no

later then x day to submit our absentee ballots. So why are we not

honoring the fixed days now.

Favorite Answer

I don't think there is a universal regulation on that!

If the post mark determines if it is to be counted- then how long can the official count be delayed becomes an issue.

The recent headlines suggest that if so the system has to wait for the last absentee ballot mailed to be counted- it could mean an over 100 year delay.

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-neighbors-solve-my...

The state law where I live states that an absentee ballot (mail in) must be delivered to the county clerk six days before the election date. Those who are voting by mail in had better be aware that in California alone over ten thousand ballots were thrown out because of technical errors- how many more were not counted because they are not received in time in 2016 is not published (that I know of).

I think most if not all states have that requirement or similar. The Democrats can not change local laws from Washington DC.

Submitting the ballot DOES have a date. You're getting confused, people count the ballots, they don't insta-count, it takes time to count millions of ballots. 

• John

What's your rush?

Because that is the way Americans have been doing it...you know the American way, the traditional way.  I never liked it before, but it was not because it benefited my side one way or another.  If it was acceptable 2 years ago, or 4 years ago, or 20 years ago, why suddenly should it not be acceptable during the pandemic when more and more Americans are voting by mail?

My big question to any people crying about is, why now? why is it now is the time that suddenly its election fraud to do something the way we have always done it?

Having worked for the military also, your question sounds a bit absurd, not to mention suspicious in intent.  The time is set to be mailed in (depending on the state,) the latest mailed and stamped on on election day.  Please check your state's own laws.  Then given up to a week later to get to be counted.  Stop crying in your beer.  As I said suspicious.  The word is for all to get your ballot in as early as you can or within a short period of time after receiving it.  Not blood letting or Dump's little dead soldiers.  Who he could care less about.  Turn off the Fascist Water Works. . .

Depends on when it was sent. A better question is in this day and age why are there more options for voting other than in person or mail. Zoom or Microsoft teams could be an option. People could attach items for verification. to think that during a pandemic in 2020 that in person and mail are the options

Because those votes were submitted by election day, not after. Glad to clear that up.

They can't magically count all paper ballots by hand in one day. You're really suggesting taking rightful votes away from Americans because those people can't do it fast enough?

"We had a no later then x day to submit our absentee ballots. So why are we not honoring the fixed days now."

Who says we aren't? People who are doing mail-ins are being told to sent it back ASAP so it's there in time.

• S

if the ballot in in the hands of those counting, they should be counted. The fact that they are behind should not matter. The voter made his wish known. why are republicans scared of more votes?

En rnb rnb RH FM

As long as it it submitted by the date it can still be counted afterwards