Skyrim: Can I still use my perks on a skill tree if I make it Legendary? ?

Hi everyone, so I've been playing Skyrim for a while and I managed to get my Archery up to 100 and acquire all the perks in the Archery skill and I saw the option to make it Legendary and I decided to not do it as I don't what it does and if I'll still be able to use my perks. I play a Sneak Archer Thief as its better so I don't have too many enemies near me and I can kill them quietly. I only switch to One-handed when I face a tough enemy like a Draugr Overlord or a Dragon Priest. So can anyone explain exactly what making a Skill Legendary will do and if I'm able to still use my perks? All answers will be greatly appreciated.

Name: Craig

Race: Nord (Male), (Werewolf) 

Level: 45

Followers: Jennasa (Wife) 

Character Build: Sneak Archer Thief

Armour+Weapons: Daedric Armour (Unenchanted Full Set), Daedric Sword, Daedric Bow. 

Favorite Answer

Once a skill is made 'legendary', it reverts to level 15 and refunds any perk points that were spent in that skill tree.

A legendary skill levels up again just like a normal skill.

It's not a good idea to make a skill legendary when it is one of your core skills that you use regularly (in your case, archery).