Is it just me or are people more easily offended today than they were many years ago?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I think the digital age has made people more easily offended. The Internet and social media has done little more than turn the entire world into a bunch of hyper-sensitive crybabies where people can sit around all day and get offended by trivial matters. The real problem is they both allow people to think their opinion counts when it doesn't. The Internet is basically a huge think tank of nothing.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not just you. It's human nature to need a foe and when there are no real dragons to slay people will invent them. 

• 4 weeks ago

The internet magnifies offense, because some people think they are talking to a device, and not actual people, and set aside decorum.

In person, I find people more tolerant, today.  At least where I live, people barely blink at tattoos, shaved hairstyles, T-shirt messages, choice of partner.

• Liz
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Yes, I believe so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I agree with you. people are more offended today than they were many years ago.

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Looking at it the other way round, certainly people are more ready to offend. That is because of the anonymity offered by a site such as this one.  Could you trace me in southern England from a name like John P?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I'm completely offended by this question

• rodcom
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

We just hear about it more because of social media.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm 87 years old and I think people were easily offended back then.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It’s a lot of these super left wing wackos.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.