Worried I’m over reacting?

I work alone in an office until midnight , a man from another office came into my office   before I was due to leave, and made a kind of lewd comment. This man then was walking towards me, I told him to stay back due to coronavirus, twice. This man then proceeded to hug me and I said multiple times to get off. I was still sat at my desk, asking him to get off me. I’ve reported it, but I feel the response from my employers is that I’m overreacting and it was just meant as a joke. I’ve been told it’s up to me now as to how my complaint proceeds and basically his fate is in my hands. I don’t want to see this man out of a job. I was genuinely frightened and panicked. I now feel embarrassed about the whole thing like I’ve completely overreacted but I still feel violated :(. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I don’t know if this is relevant but he is a good 20 years older than me. 

Thanks 

He violated your rights when he refused to stop even walking towards you. You need to see a lawyer and see if you can sue him and your company. And yes he needs to be fired. Good thing it was not me, I would have stabbed him with the letter opener. Do not let the boss BS you. His actions put himself into this position, he violated your rights. was his rude remarks a joke too?

"I’ve been told it’s up to me now as to how my complaint proceeds"

But it's not.   It's your employer's responsibility to create a workplace that is safe and harassment free.    They need to investigate the complaint and then decide how to proceed.    They can tell the guy to knock it off or they can provide him training or they can fire him or anything in-between.  Investigations and discipline are private.    The employer does not ask you to make decisions regarding discipline, nor do they report to you the outcome of the investigation or any resulting disciplinary action.

I smell a troll.  But if your story were true, I'd simply advise you to tell your employer that decisions about how to maintain a safe and harassment-free workplace are up to them.  Decisions about how you proceed are up to you.

Employment law.  It's a thing.

Maybe he needs a quick BJ 

Is not like you never done that