Anonymous

In issues of race, why do people believe their own race over another race?

I'm amazed about how many people's views on another race come from people in their own race. Then they want to use that as proof when arguing people from another race. 

@David S

you tell me. 

@Anonymous

Yeaaaa, that's the point. Except that last part, you don't have to cower and believe the person. But, it helps to actually listen to them. You can formulate your own opinion based on your own research and knowledge. This turns an argument into a civil discussion. 

@anonymous

can we though? "history" is told by the victors. Not all of it is true. Ask Columbus.

• Zirp

because you have to be racist to believe that humans come in races.

Why do some rightwingers base their idea of what leftwingers want on what rightwingers say leftwingers want?

Because they wouldn't be arguing if they didn't feel that way. We'd all just say ok, that way is better.

Update - Opinions mean little when we can look back on history and see how it played out.

Why would we reject the opinions of people of our own race in favor of the opinions of other races?

• Mark

Well... because most people, especially those who have not made an impact (it could even be small), tend to think that "they are the best" and all they have to hold on to is the race they were born as (even though they had no say in the matter).  I just roll my internal eyes at such people.