Atheists would you rather us worship God or Baal who accepted child sacrifice?

Say what you will about God of the Bible. His punishment is severe. He doesn't back off from delivering justice. He asked Abraham to sacrifice his child then saved him. He destroyed sinful cities and wiped all life from Earth because Earth was corrupted.

But this same God, teaches the golden rule, to love one another, to give to charity, to not murder or steal. He teaches humans how to be true humans. Isn't this God better than any other god humans can come up with?

Baal at least they didn’t shove it down our throats sound familiar 

I suppose since Baal only demanded the burning of sons and daughters BEFORE they died and your God eternal burning Baal is a slightly better choice.  As for me I will believe in truth and love.

False Dichotomy.

Thanks for playing!

• Rayal

I don't wish to or have to worship any god.

Baal means Lord.

If you worship the Lord you are a Baal Worshiper.

If you worship Allah, you are a God worshiper. 

Atheists don't think any of those or any other gods exist.

Archaeologists know that the entire region once practiced sacrifice of the firstborn (you can see remnants of that in the Bible - "consecrate to me all the openeth the matrix" etc.) and later the entire region gave up the practice.  What Christians are taught in church is simply not true.

• Tangi

What about worshipping neither of them? I mean, you don't have to worship a god, you know.

And if you did have to worship a god, why not Hestia? She is the goddess of the hearth and protector of houses and families. There is no story about her killing anyone or asking for a human sacrifice.

Isn't it infinitely better than those two genocidal gods you mentioned?

I'm not really familiar enough with Ba'al to determine which is worse.  But I know the God of the Bible is PURE EVIL if he were real.  

You say he delivers justice.  What justice was at hand when he let Satan torture Job and kill his family just to win a bet?  God cares nothing for justice.  It's cruelty.  He's a psychopath fulfilling his urge to pull the metaphorical wings off of flies.

You say he SAVED Abraham's child as if he deserves credit for that.  God is the only reason Abraham's child was in danger.  He saved nothing!  And he put a father through the torment of nearly killing his own son.  That's pure cruelty FOR NO REASON.  Remember, there was no "test" to pass here.  God is supposed to be all-knowing, so he ALREADY KNEW how Abraham would react.  He just did it FOR CRUELTY.

This is the problem with Christians (and all theists) you guys refuse to THINK about your diety.  And so you excuse God MURDERING ALL OF MANKIND except one family because 'it says in the bible that mankind was wicked'.  But was it?  Or is that just the propaganda that the priesthood wants you to believe?  And if they were wicked, who's fault is that?  How did an all-knowing, all-powerful creator screw up creation not once, but multiple times?  God created Adam & Eve...surely he KNEW they would eat of the apple.  How can he be angry at them for it...he MADE THEM that way.  And if all humanity was wicked except Noah, wasn't the CREATOR of them responsible?  So didn't he CREATE them for the purpose of being able to kill them later?

Your God is a Psychopath.  Thank god he doesn't exist.

WITHOUT JESUS IT WONT WORK OUT WELL FOR THEM...THEY CAN STILL PRAY WHEN ALONE AND REPENT TO HIM..

christianity has killed and raped so many children already, that I cannot see how worshiping Baal would increase their evil beyond where it has been for the last two millennia.

[Another BLOCK FAIL for you, you cowardly little twaat]

If you think this is best god humanity can come up with then you really need to study more mythologies other than Christianity.

And we would rather you worshipped no deities at all, as they are all non existent.