Is this paragraph grammarily correct?

I was brainwashed because the media view conservatism as a bad thing. I always despised the word "conservatism" because they believed in traditional values, personal responsibility, and individualism.

I was very open minded that I realized that social liberalism is not what it seems. The beliefs that I believe like values, individualism, and hard work  matched with conservatism. 

okay, it is right. ( please, I hope its right. I feel like I can't write anymore)

Update:

How to fix it , idiot.

Update 2:

no. you was being rude. Watch how you type

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I became confused when the media misinterpreted conservatism in a negative way. 

I don't like the word conservatism because it is defined as having traditional values, self-responsibility, and avoiding radical changes.

• 4 weeks ago

I reworded what you provided a bit differently, but tried to say the same thing. 

I was brainwashed because the media views conservatism as a bad thing. I always despised the word conservatism, believing it to mean traditional values, personal responsibility, and individualism.

I was very open-minded, but soon realized that social liberalism is not what it seems. I believe values, individualism, and hard work are fundamental conservative principals. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think I can understand what you are trying to say. Parts of your spiel are ungrammatical, and the whole is unorganised.

You are possibly just writing down 'speech form' and not thinking of the idea that a very wide range of people might see your spiel without the opportunity to question you face to face about what you really want to express.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If you believe in personal responsibility and hard work, why are you asking other people to do your damn homework for you?

Also, what the fcuk does it mean to believe in "values"? Everybody has values -- but some people's values conflict directly with other people's values. (And what are "traditional values"? Whose "tradition" are we talking about here? White racist neo-Confederates' "tradition"? Fcuk that.)

If you're so damn pure and conservative, then as a good capitalist stooge you ought to be offering me a large chunk of money to answer this question. Why do you conservatives always expect free handouts from the public, anyway?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's certainly "right" in a "right-wing nutjob" kind of way. 

"I was very open minded that I realized that social liberalism is not what it seems." --- this makes no sense.  The modifier "very" is almost always unnecessary.

"beliefs that I believe" is really awkward.

"The beliefs I hold to be true, such as values, individualism, and hard work..."

BTW, everyone has "values"  --- they can be negative or bad.

The idea that "liberalism" is antithetical to "hard work" is right-wing propaganda, designed to keep you down while you continue to work hard.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.