Kirk asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Tough love parenting making my 16 year old daughter hate us?

She has always been such a brat and never greatful for anything we do . My wife does hit her and push her occasionally to  teach her respect she just seems to hate us more. 

The younger kids and relatives like her better than us and I feel like have to compete with our daughter to get attention.

She has been grounded all year because of her smart mouth and her report card not being perfect A's she sneaks out for days never comes home . We have contacted the police who found her at work and are not helpful at all.

We had a huge fight where she screamed like a demon child from hell because I kicked her shoes all around the living room because they are in the wrong spot. I also woke her up at two am to discuss it. Her teacher let her call in sick she slept in and says she is moving in with her boyfriend and we say anything she will tell the police on us for hitting and waking her up

My wife is a surgeon and I work at a military prison.we need everything to be in a certain spot at a certain angle or we end up fighting with her . All House cleaning needs to be done to military standards which daughter does not get. I wish we could force her to join the military I think it would help her

What if she gets pregnant. I thought super strict parenting made for better adults

thats cause shes getting hit, her mom needs to stop hitting her or she will loose her

You seem to have brought your work home with you. Strict parenting is one thing, cruel and overbearing quite another. These are your children, not army criminals! Get a grip!

People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc.  She get this from YOU!!

Read the parenting books! Especially perhaps “How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk” by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.

Call CPS, tell them to come and get her, you are giving up parental rights and signing her over to the state.

Not a troll what do I with my teenage daughter 

Didn't read.

Wee troll is boring.