So I started watching the movie Antebellum, and left with depression?

Never finished watching, I quit. So is about this girl who is black and black people. They are slaves of white people. They must of acted really well 'cause I hated those white monsters. The actress who plays the girl is Janelle Monae, I'm almost sure you heard about her. I left with depression, sad stuff I absolutely hate slavery and the fact that it happened.

• Foofa

How sad that your schooling failed you to the point where you can only learn about history from a movie. Janelle Monae also portrayed mathematician Mary Jackson whose work was instrumental to the early US space program and whom the NASA HQ is now named after. If you wallow in only the bad parts of history and ignore the accomplishments of black Americans you do them and yourself a disservice. The Civil War was 154 years ago and a lot has changed since that time. 'Antebellum' is also a horror film that takes a lot of license with real history. Maybe do some research on your own so you're not so focused on the horrific and ignorant of the successes. 

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION...