Some of my cannabutter didnt harden. What do i do?

I added 1oz of weed to 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter. Let it simmer above 160° but below 200° on the stove for 3 hours. I then strained it into 3 seperate bowls. I don’t know if this affects it, but when passing thru i squeezed it at the end to get as much oil as possible, which i read still pushes plant material through. Anyways, i left it in the fridge for about 9-10 hours overnight and in the morning 2 of them were hard but the other one wasnt. It looked kind of bubby on top. What do i do? Can i still use it? Im leaving it in for another 10 hours at least today before i try to use it

Sure you can use it.  You may have somehow separated the milk solids in the butter, hard to say without seeing it.

I'd keep it in the freezer and use it up.

clearly all the water didn't evaporate. Why did you add water? 

I don't see why not? Doesn't it have to be soft when you use it for baked goods anyway?

• Ian

You have water in your butter, slowly heat it again until all is melted and strain it again. NO SQUEEZING! :)

• Goerge

Personally I would put it into my dehydrator but if you don't have one you'll have to reduce it some more over low heat. Did you decarboxylate the herbs first?  If you use clear dishes you will be able to see the water because fat and water don't mix.  It's obvious now that you should let it simmer for at least 4 hours next time. Sometimes recipes are wrong.