Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 4 weeks ago

Refusing to look after my baby ?

My partner works night shifts. He will have spent four weeks at home on paternity and will return soon. I don’t think I’m mentally up to looking after our 4 week old baby.  I don’t have family nor does he. What can we do? I don’t want to look after the baby I don’t see why I should have to. My partner loves the baby so I told him he should be the full time care giver  and I could work but he said no as he earns more.  Don’t know what to do now, why should I be trapped with his child ? 

It is now eating brain as it,s not wisely told.But if you mean you don,t like you are not any way ought to keep it,for being partners at a work place.The disaster is that,if once you  work out night too, then I answered to you like that!

You are a terrible mother, you could have prevented the pregnancy, several ways! If you don't want to be an adult and mother put the poor baby up for adoption, at least someone will most likely  adopt it and it will hopefully have a happier, mentally healthier life, being raised by people that truly wants him or her and will fully love him or her! I feel bad for that child! And you should get you tubes tied, so this don't continue to happen! 

• L

YOU gave birth - YOU look after the baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't want to look after the baby at all.  Why did you have the baby?

What a conundrum 

If this is a real question, someone who works nights cannot be awake all day with an infant, so the infant would have to go to daycare if the other parent is working.

• LizB

I would suggest two things: 1) Find a spot in daycare for the baby so you can go back to work, since being a SAHM is clearly not for you. It doesn't matter if most of your salary would get eaten up by childcare, that is infinitely better than you feeling forced to stay home all day, spiraling into depression, and both you and your child suffering because you're miserable. If you're in the US you may have to wait until the baby is 6 weeks old and/or a daycare spot is available, but if you start calling around now you might get lucky. 

2) Please find a good therapist, or have your OB/midwife refer you to one. It sounds like you're having some trouble bonding with your baby, which isn't unusual, but you ARE the baby's mother and are responsible for his well-being. To take care of him you have to take care of yourself, and that includes your mental health. Becoming a parent is a big change, and some new parents (moms and dads both) just need a little help through the transition. 

It is not my job to entertain trolls. 

It's going to hurt both you and the baby if you are not capable of raising it properly.  I know this is a last resort, but you should consider the possibility of giving the baby up for adoption.  There are so many couples out there who would love to raise your baby and have the emotional and financial means to do so.  I realize your partner probably won't agree, but legally it's your decision alone to make.