Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Is having a 30 inch waist too wide??

Im a 5’5 female and i am no way at all fat, and people see me as slim, however i was measuring my waist the other day and it read 30 inches, i would of thought anything below 28 was healthy but i dont know anymore. I also measured my bust which is 36 inches and my hips are in between 37-41 inches.

Does this have anything to do with body frame sizes because i measured my wrist and it showed that im a large body frame.

I also want to add i stopped weighing myself after suffering from an obsession with the scale and bdd so i just go by measurements

1 week ago

I have a 26 or 27 inch waist but I'm 5'9 and 125 pounds. I used to be a 30, it's a little on the big side, sorry

A healthy waist is half your height or less. 30 inches on someone that is 5'5 is healthy. 

I'm 99 pounds and my waist is 27". It all has to do with bone structure.

• .

People have different body shapes and frame sizes. Not all women have waists that are much smaller than their bust/hips, even if they are a healthy weight. There are exercises you can do to tighten the muscles in your waist area, and cause it to appear smaller. Exercises that focus on your abs/core (which includes the oblique muscles that wrap around your waist) may be effective.

It has lots to do with frame size.  There is nothing unhealthy inherently in any waist size.

• d

Under 32" is healthy. Yes, you may have a broader ribcage, which can affect your waist size.

What you don't want is to go from having an obsession with your weight to an obsession with your measurements. BDD is sneaky like that.

30 for a woman is a bit on the bigger side of average.

What is your weight?

Thanks for answering my question, sorry I can not help you because I am not knowledgeable about measurements and there corresponding meaning on weight.