I have ptsd triggers whenever I see a Jeep Wrangler, is this normal, and how do I overcome it. ?

I know how silly that sounds, but when I was 11 some dude tried kidnapping me and dragging me into his white Jeep Wrangler. Thankfully some passerby’s got out and saved me. Beat this guy to a pulp. The guy killed him self in prison a few years ago. It’s been 11 years since then, and I’ve gotten over it, but whenever I’m on the road and I see a Jeep Wrangler, especially a white one, I get flashbacks and get scared a little, I broke up with my boyfriend because he bought a Jeep Wrangler when he knows they trigger flashbacks. Whenever I see one, especially a white one, I have a mini panic attack, I live in a somewhat rural area with a lot of off-roading trails, so I live they are quite common, so I try to avoid driving when I can, cause if I see one I may lose focus on driving. Is this a normal reaction, and honestly I want to get over this, I know 90 percent of Jeep owners are good people, I have friends who own them, I just can’t stop associating them with being almost abducted 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.