Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Diego · 2 months ago

Protecting myself from bed bugs while staying at Motel any suggestions?

I am going to use my own blankets, pillows and look around. I still want to make sure I don't get bitten while I am asleep.  

Bringing your own blankets and pillows won't protect you, and it greatly increases the risk that they will get into your blankets and pillows, so you'll keep getten bitten after you get back home.

Stay in a well maintained hotel.

Fleabags are called that for a reason.

Although no guarantee, but don't stay in a sketchy hotel.  

Spray yourself down with bug repellent containing Deet before you crawl into bed.

Remove all the bedding from mattress, are there any blood stains on the mattress?  Look between the mattress and box spring for bugs or blood stains.  Look along the baseboards in the room for signs of bugs.

Put your suitcase in a sealed plastic bag (garbage bag) to be sure you don't bring any of them home with you.  Put your dirty cloths in a second sealed plastic bag.  Your bigger concern should be that you don't bring any home with you.