Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 1 month ago

Can your employer see what you search? ?

Firstly, no viewing porn at work or anything like that.  Tend to go onto Google, ask loads of random strange questions when I'm bored or use forums.  Sometimes log into Facebook, sown times will watch videos on YouTube when it's quiet. 

Public sector Council worker, does the I.T department know everything word for word what you type?  All the sites we are not allowed to view are filtered anyway, like Netflix, Amazon, YouTube used to be but now it's back. 

Paranoid my boss will just one day be like "Aye I want to see all my staffs Internet usage"

He even took the TV and radios off us, so we can't even have the news on during covid.  He even gave an employee a row when he seen them watching BBC news.

You can be very efficient, and good at your job whike using quiet time to view the Internet.  Also if someone could answer with more than yes or no, or a sarcastic comment.  Privacy and data protection still exists in the work place.  

they have the capability to know every word you type on the computer. the question comes down to "how unofficially lax is your management"? and "how lazy (or how incompetent) is your IT team"?

• rick60

yes if they no your screen name

Yes, your employer can monitor your personal computer if and when you connect to the work network. This is the same story for your phone, tablet, and any personal device that you connect to your network at work. This happens because the firewall or monitoring tools that your company may use can be set up between your device and the company’s network.

they only will know which sites you been to

• Shadow

Depending on the tech that is being used will depend on how thorough the captured information will be. Everything that goes through the router can be logged. Everything that goes through the server can be logged. If they utilise certain applications, the history on your PC can be logged in real time. Basically, everything that is performed on company equipment can be logged depending on the tech used and the set ups ad configurations applied.

• Squid

Everything you do on a company computer is subject to monitoring.  Every google search, every email, every tweet, every Facebook post.  

Expect ZERO privacy at the workplace. I would say that 99% of employers monitor internet use.

i think some of them can

• CURLY

YES!

How does google, Facebook and youtube make you a better employee?