Yoo asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

Can someone correct my english?

Hi everyone, 

I have posted something similat earlier. And i came up with this letter i will copy and paste down here. But first let me explain that i am writing the letter for one of my students in the international university in turkey. Just need help to correct it. I want to confirm that the student attended our program last year, and did not pass any of the subjects/classes. And he paid the total tuition fees for the school. Please look at it :)

Dear Sir/Madame,

We confirm that Mr. Ahmed Salama, (11th September 1992) attended our program in the academic year 2019-2020, but did not pass in any of the courses.

Mr. Salama paid the full amount of tuition fees throughout the school year. 

Does this look correct and professional? 

Thanks in advance

• Cogito

It should be just "Dear Sir," (it's not correct to add 'Madam' (note spelling) even though you don't know the gender of the reader).

Also, what is the date?  Is it his date of birth?  If so, you need to say so.  The normal format would be (date of birth 11/9/92) in the UK, (date of birth 9/11/92) in the USA.

• John P

I have seen only 'Madam', not 'Madame' in correspondence in Britain.

I still question the need to mention the payment, unless you want to imply that Mr Salama is a prompt payer, as compared with some of your experiences with other students.

it sounds okay to me