Should I ask about recent pay?

My pay was not given when it should of for working a day at a company for an employment agency. I told them about it but the hours are wrong. A girl at the company said to write my hours on paper. I was there 11:30 to 6:30 and got no lunch or break. My pay was for 6.5 hours and should have been seven hours. Even though it was only a half hour of pay shouldn't I still be paid for it?

• Kerri

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is federal law.  One of the requirements of the FLSA is that an employer pay an employee for all time worked.  So YES, you should be paid if you worked that entire time.  More than likely someone in payroll auto-deducted a half-hour for a meal break.  That's because a meal break is required by the same FLSA if you work six consecutive hours.  Break time is paid time.  Probably all you need to do is communicate that you did not get a meal break and they will compensate you for the half hour.  The amount of money isn't worth the squabble. 

Yes you should.

Did you write, "I did not receive a lunch break" on the piece of paper with your hours?   If not, you may need to resubmit your hours to clarify. 

I guess you have to decide how much time you're going to invest in arguing about what will amount to about $8. 

It's "should have" or "should've" not "should of".    You're making my eyes bleed.