Why do Millennial's think they own the world?

A young man slammed into my hip with his cart at the grocery story today going down the isle the wrong way. I groaned loudly on impact as he passed me without an apology or even saying a word.

• Lv 6
    5 days ago

Even as a gun-owner, I'm amazed that no one seems to mention anything but the Second Amendment. I often wonder that if not for the Second Amendment, how many people would even know that a Constitution even existed. 

• Foofa

Since Kindergarten they've been taught that everyone older than them is an intolerant bigot who destroyed the planet and is dumb as a box of rocks. 

Millennials aren't that young anymore.  Regardless of that though, if you allow people to abuse you (that's what slamming into your hip with a shopping cart is) without YOU saying a word, you are allowing them to continue doing whatever they want and to "own the world."

Why didn't you ask HIM at the time it happened? Your question is about HIM, the "young man", so why didn't you ask him why he "thinks he owns the world"? Strangers on the internet cannot tell you what was going on in this person's (or anyone else's) head.

cause they want to own the world

Maybe because their parents did a terrible job raising them. They're the everybody-gets-a-trophy kids who were told they're best thing ever to walk this planet. There is also a severe lack of maturity. I live in an area with a lot of colleges. The 18-year-olds behave the way 12- and 13-year-olds did 20 or 30 years ago. 

Before COVID I was in a crowded restaurant with a friend and one came up to the table and told us we needed to leave because he wanted the table. If someone told me about that, I wouldn't believe it.  

And I do realize they're not all like that.

I am a gen x guy and I know millennials that would be mortified had they done this. You can’t use this bad experience with one person and then label the whole generation like that. I am sorry that happened to you. Next time tell the manager. Get him kicked out.

• Isabel

Is it possible that he didn’t notice?

I'll be honest, I didn't know there's a wrong way to go down the grocery aisle. Unless it's a Rona specific thing. Put one obnoxious person bumping into you and not apologizing shouldn't cast out on the entire millennial generation. Just like we shouldn't blame all cops for the hundreds of racist ones. Or all ministers for the evil of Jerry Falwell Jr.