Question: Why is that when someone asks for honesty, but when it’s given to them, they get upset?

Not saying every person is like this. But lets say that person asks for the truth or when they screwed up and someone tells them straight up. Not rudely but that person is kind enough to tell you what you NEED to hear to fix it. So I don’t understand why some people would get mad or upset by that. Would they rather have someone lie to them? 

Favorite Answer

You also have to look at actions not just words. I can swear up and down that I am serious about losing weight but if you see me always eating bad food and never exercising then you can’t take what I say seriously about my weight goals. Obviously this person was just paying you lip service. You should only ask for the truth if you are willing to hear it. You can really only know if someone is receptive to honest constructive feed back through trial and error. Now you know how this person really is. 

There were times when I'd get upset over a situation.

People would think I'm upset with them.

I'd have explain. " I'm NOT upset with/towards you!...I'm upset with the situation."

cause not everyone wants to hear the truth

But speaking the truth in love we are to grow up into him who is our head even Christ Jesus. Yeah are you a thug with a butcher knife or are you a surgeon with a scalpel removing a cancer. Is your truth and honesty like pure sulfuric acid straight out of the bottle? Or is it properly metered and properly dispensed in a way which edifies

• Rick

they are really fishing for a complement ...............

• Matt

They lied when they said they wanted honesty...