I am currently dating someone from Kosovo and want to know if you have to be married in order to get the form I-130 approved?

4 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    IF you are US citizen engaged to marry, and you have met in person, face-to-face - NO email pals! - you can apply for K-1 fiance visa for your fiance. You must prove you earn enough to support self, any dependents, plus the person you sponsor, and have a suitable home in the US for you & your fiance/spouse. You'll need current year paystubs plus your last 3 years of US income tax returns. You must prove you have met in-person, face-to-face - when, where, how you met, and how often you have been together in-person for how long.

    IF you are not US citizen but legal permanent resident, you must be married, and apply for CR-1 spouse visa. Again, prove you earn enough to meet support requirements & have a suitable home for both of you in the US.

  • 4 weeks ago

    You have two choices.

    1.  Fiancé/e visa: 


    Note the fiancé/e visa requires that the two of you have a real life relationship during which the two of you have recently met in person.

    2.  Spouse visa:


    Both have the same financial requirement and you must have a steady job making at least about $22,000 per year with three years of income tax returns to prove it.  

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    'Dating someone', means they are NOT a relative, a I-130, is a Petition for Alien Relative...so obviously you would have to be married to them

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Yes, the US doesn't honor non marital domestic partnerships for the purposes of immigration. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.