Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 4 weeks ago

Do all parents massacre their adult-children?

I can't believe I was raised by abusive parents. Mom is a 

real-estate agent, works 60 hours/week and pushes me 

around. Dad has Multiple Sclerosis and has psychotic 

anger-problems. They're too busy scolding me instead of 

trying to be patient, loving, and empowering. Is that normal? 

Favorite Answer

My recommendation is to get away from them.

If your family is toxic to your wellbeing, you MUST leave them.  You must separate from them.  That's not dishonoring them.  That doesn't mean you hate them.  That means you choose to survive.

If you are unable to do it on your own, find resources.  They are out there.  I believe, if you are who I think you are, that you have some disabilities.  Use that to your advantage!  If you have a case manager or a doctor or anyone assigned to you, tell them what you need.  Tell them you need to get a job or that you need moral support or you need assistance in finding an apartment.  

of course not.  yours sound bad.

You and your parents are retarded 

• John P

Your use of the word 'massacre' is over the top, since I have not heard of a mass-murder spree by parents of their adult offspring any time recently. I am 74, all 3 of my adult children are still alive.

You are obviously still alive, so you have nit been massacred yet.

Do you have any idea what MS is like? If not google it! That you can just sit back and crticise your father instead of being too busy helping him to even think about criticising! I agree with other posters - you're a selfish self entitled brat! BTW? Your mum is probably on your back because she's disappointed with the slug she gave birth to!

• n2mama

If you’re an adult, then why aren’t you living on your own, supporting yourself, and distancing yourself from your parents? I cannot remember the last time my parents scolded me (and I’ve been a legal adult for a good 25 years). I would imagine that your massive sense of entitlement is what leads to the scolding. Grow TF up.

• helene

They've had enough of you! Get a damn job already so your parents can finally have a little peace in their lives, and not have to answer your stupid questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ever single fricking day. 

You think THEY are the abusive ones? HAH! Just try to imagine living with a selfish little emotional vampire like YOU.

Yet you still choose to live with them.

No, I wouldn't have thought so, your parents sound like they have it tough and if the harshest punishment is 'scolding' maybe you should try some dialogue...I am an adult, I can help sort of thing.