my husband passed this july and was co owners of a house, do we have to pay inheritance since my husband passed away?

• Foofa

If you're in the US the property should pass to you as the spouse and co-owner without incurring any estate taxes. If you're in some other country I can't help you, but a real estate attorney or a decent account could. 

Depends on the state you live in and what the will contains. 

Deeds aren't written like that.. 

You were 'tenants in common' which would mean his half interest in the house goes to his heirs or

You were 'joint tenant with rights of survivorship' which means you automatically inherited his interest in the house.

Assuming it was one of these things, no you don't owe taxes.

too little information to actively  address all the issues possible

tmm

No, you are now a 100% owner. No tax on that. But you can have the lawyer assist you in removing his name, make sure you have many death certificates, they go fast.

• MissA

So this answer is for the US and may not apply in other nations.

In general, no.  Estate taxes don't kick in until someone leaves an estate greater than eleven million dollars. 

In the event that your house is worth more than that I suggest you consult a tax attorney on your obligations.  You can probably afford it.

• Etta

If he has now passed the inheritance goes to the other party but speak to a lawyer.

• ..

Which country? It makes a difference.

In UK, you do not have to pay.