In College should 40 hours/week for a 12 credit semester devoted towards class be enough to get A's in each course?

I'm going back to school and working part time and I'm trying to calculate my hours each week. Just in general obviously if regular intelligence for college and high work ethic. I got straight A's 5 years ago last time I was enrolled in school but wasnt working and am fearful/forgot how much time I out in each week towards school. Class time and Study time is included in the 40 hours/week.

8) Yhankyou very much.

I got perfect As while taking 3 classes and studying for 1.5-2 hours a day in my last semester of university and in earlier semesters I got perfect As studying 3 hours a day and taking 4 classes a semester 

I don't think you can equate time allocated to grade earned in that way.  Yes, a college student should allocate a couple hours a day to reading, writing, studying, and completing assignments for each class they take.  Doing that will give a student a better chance of mastering the content of any given class.  That noted, some students will never earn an A in some classes regardless of how much time the put into studying.  Other students can ace a class with significantly less preparation.  

• Scott

That depends if there is a particular subject that you don’t really enjoy or not good at. For example, my oldest son is not really fond of English composition. So he had to devote a ton of time to get an a in that course.  When I was a university student, I had to spend a ton of time studying for my math 101 class. And I ended up getting a C+.  That’s because the course grade was based entirely on three multiple-choice exams and you didn’t get any points for showing your work.