21 and 15 dating. PLEASE READ?

Hi I needed to know opinions on a 15 (nearly 16) and a 21 (literally just turned) year old dating. We are both ftm trans. And have been speaking to each other for years. 4 years this November. We are long distance and have 0 plans on meeting until they are 18 for legal reasons. But we both have grown very very strong feelings and want to make it official. They’ve always had a crush on me but I insisted that they needed to live out their highschool and would probably fall in love with someone there. But over the past 4 years ive fallen back just as hard and we want to make it official and start dating. It’s really just a title, nothing between us would change. We understand each other and my heart flies whenever I talk to them. I’ve never been in love and this makes me cry. I love him. We both are in really abusive homes, and have trauma filled pasts, both are trans ftm, and have autism. We just... click. Have always clicked. I really need your help with out all the hate comments. Please. 

There has not been and won’t be anything sexual. Both of us aren’t really into that. We simply love each other with out such things. We are content to only speaking to each other and then in the future when we are able to meet. Hand holding, cuddles and possibly a stolen kiss. We are pretty asexual. And yeah if he leaves in the future because he fell in love with someone I understand, even if it hurts 

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

I am sure the younger persons parents would be very angry to find out a 25y/o is talking sexual things with their 15y/o so be careful.  I think you are sensible not to meet up until the younger one is of legal consenting age but still be careful as you may be seen as doing something illegal even talking to a under aged person about sex and a future meet up.  Once they are of legal age then I see nothing wrong with meeting up as the younger person is of an age considered they are old enough to make these sorts of decisions for themselves.  Some younger adults do seek a more mature lover although their wanting to be with you may be that they crave contact with similar people than actually sexually attracted to them.  Time will tell as you may be correct that as they mature they may realise that they can find someone closer and more their age and may lose interest in you.  But for now I suppose there is no real harm in keeping in contact and see where it leads, but do keep it legal as teenagers quite often feel they are way more mature than they really are and are willing to cross legal boundaries without fully understanding what will happen to you if they are caught acting illegally with you.

Cps I am calling 

This relationship is inappropriate. It isn’t right to date someone who’s 15 when you’re 21, even if it’s long distance and you don’t plan to meet. That’s like a 6 year age difference. Yes, there’s something wrong with this.

Its fine to date so long as there is no sex but you will get hate for dating a 15 year old and if its worth it to you then go ahead and say you are dating but it doesn't seem worth it. You don't need that label if nothing will change. 

It's not illegal to date. I see nothing wrong here. Soulmates are hard to come by.

Even if you love him back, it's still pedophilia. At least wait until you're eighteen to put a title on it. And definitely don't have sex until you're legal. It wouldn't be good if he went to jail for being with you, right? Think about him and his life too

No, in Europe that would be just about ok

I am sorry, but please don’t date him because that would be statutory rape. What you need to do is go to the website for your state and look up what the age of consent is and for how your state defines statutory rape. Let’s say it is under 18. Then the states usually have a 2 or 3 year age gap allowance. So even if he was 17 and there was a 3 year age gap allowance - that would still make any kind of sexual relationship between the two of you illegal. Even if he shouted up and down how he willingly slept with you and how it was consensual - he’s a minor. An angry parent, a social worker, a district attorney could have you convicted of statutory rape and then you would have to register as a sex offender for life. 

Don’t take my word for it. Find out what the statutory rape laws are where you live and know what they are your self. 

In the mean time, either break it off, focus on being like a big brother figure or maybe just move away. Get yourself in to some young adult trans support groups. Expand your circle of influence. If its meant to be with him it can wait till its legal. In the mean time - you’ll do no good to him in jail.

It’s wrong. And it’s wrong to be “L G B T Q” as well. You are doing massive sin here. You need to come to Jesus