Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicClassical · 1 month ago

Looking for music?

I am creating a short film and am searching for classical music artists who aren’t well known. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

What do you mean by "classical music artist"? Do you mean composers or performers or both?

• 1 month ago

The only way you can get this done *on a budget*, which I think is your goal, it is get really good music students (or adults that will donate their time) who will play music that is public domain - no longer under any copyright.  This means unedited - taken directly form transcriptions of the original scores, with no editions, breath marks, bowings, phrasing - THOSE are under copyright, most often, but the pedagogues who edit the music.  So this CAN be done - but you better know how to legally get thru the permissions you need.  There was a major-studio film years ago, about a piano competition, and the two leads (Amy Irving and Richard Dreyfus could NOT play, - so two conservatory friends of ours - Chet and Andy - dubbed the two piano parts, playing all classical music from old, respected editions.  No problems with royalties there . .   You can look this up on IMDB.  I am sure there was more going on $$ then they shared with us - but thanks for the opportunity to tell another old story about friends . . .

• Petter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know, how about some Hugo Alfvén?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN-n-UzG_dg

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 month ago

What do you mean by "classical music artists"? The classical music world doesn't work in the same way as the pop music world - it was always the case that composers would have their music performed by others (although they may have also performed it themselves). If you were to use a piece by someone even as famous as Mozart then obviously you would have a recording done in the last century or so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There's this guy called William Shakespeare, check him out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.