Should I Work in this Company? ?

So I guess my question is more of a moral one. 

About a year ago I started working as a Social Media coordinator for a financial company in Canada. They've been in business for over 10 years and won multiple awards over the years. The owner of the company is a very hard working reputable man as well. However, lately I've been seeing comments and reviews from customers who claim the sales reps misled them and lied to them and used pushy sales tactics to persuade them to sign up for a credit building program. They claim that the company is stealing their money. The management is aware of this and they're looking into the issues to understand what's actually happening. 

But since it's difficult to judge the situation, I've been wondering if I should even continue working here since I post advertising and everyday social media posts. Is it unethical to keep working for the company? 

Favorite Answer

Do due diligence to make sure what *YOU* are posting is true and being honored by the company.  

You are not responsible for what antics commissioned sales people use.  Being pushy isn't against the law and most wouldn't call it immoral either.   It's how people get paid.  Grown adults are capable of saying "no". 

If you become aware that company management is indeed supporting or ignoring criminal activity or immoral (sleazy) activities, then sure, quit.  I really wouldn't want to be a part of a company that doesn't care about it's own reputation.   Watch and see how management responds.

On one hand, the company owner has a good reputation and the company had won awards.  But on the other, customers are saying they've been lied to and that the company is stealing their money.  There's a difference between pushy sales reps and lying ones. It's only a matter of time before the reviews keep getting worse.  Also, you can be sure that the management isn't really looking into those issues, because they have a paying job and they probably don't want to mess things up.  I think you'd be more comfortable somewhere else, but in the meantime, especially now during a time when jobs are hard to find, you should stay for a bit.  Start looking though in case a suitable job does come up.

• Judy

I'd say, and watch what happens when management looks into it.