Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is it rude to put your feet on the dashboard while you are a passenger in someone else’s car?

Yes. Also dangerous. If there is an accident, the injuries you get from the airbag could be very serious. Instead of walking away from the accident, you could get injuries that make it so you never walk comfortably again. Or maybe not walk at all.

• Paul

Of course it is. Your feet are sure to leave at least small scratches.

absolutely yes. Have you any idea the amount of germs that are on your shoes or bare feet?

ASK FIRST.

• F

If you did it in my car, you’d be walking in 5 secs.

Ultimately, this comes down to the relationship/connection between the driver and the passenger.  However, generally, this type of behavior is not acceptable or wanted in a vehicle.

Yes it is rude. Also if the car were to get in an accident you would be more at risk to have the legs ripped off. Cars are designed in certain ways to protect human health. 

if the police saw u it actually could be a crime

• JuanB

Yes.  Your smelly feet are out and in their face.  You dirty feet or shoes are on soiling their dashboard.

And if you get in an accident, say goodbye to ever walking again.

Not only is it rude, it is illegal.

If anyone did that in my car they would be walking - and possibly bleeding..........but I don't think I know anyone that stupid.