Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 1 month ago

Should I get this mole/freckle checked? ?

Hi! 

I have this mole or freckle or whatever. I’m just wondering if I should get it checked out or if it’s obvious that it’s something normal. 

It is slightly raised, if not at all. Red/pink in colour as you can see in the picture. It may have grown in the past couple months but can’t be certain. It may bleed when I scratch it, I saw a spot of blood(?) on my pillow this morning and vaguely remember possibly scratching that spot at night, so it could be that, but also not. The mole itself isn’t itchy or crusty. It is behind my ear. 

Cause for concern? 

Thanks! 

No need. It doesn't appear to meet the qualifications for a mole or marking that has the potential to be skin cancer. Moles that are more likely to be cancerous usually have two, three, or more of the ABCDE traits. Anyone who has more than 100 raised moles is more likely to have one become cancerous.

A for Asymmetry of its shape

B for a Border that is irregular.

C for Colors rather than a single shade

D for Diameter greater than 1/4 inch or 6 mm

E for Evolving, visible changes over time

• k w

I had a bump on the inside of one finger, I wasted my time going to a dermatologist , who didn't know what it was, but asked if I wanted him to slice it off, which I said NO to, and thought to myself what idiot wants to cut off something he hasn't figured out yet, just what exactly it is ! maybe I can do something about it, but not if I stupidly had it cut off.....AND it doesn't look too serious, just watch it, to see if it changes at all....

• kelvin

no..............