College guidance!!!?

Hi guyysss!! So I just figured out I want to be an ultrasound technician and I would love to go to Indiana University! At this point I know what schooling I need but I just need some guidance if I would be able to get that schooling at IU since it’s only 2 years ...and it’s more confusing because I’m graduating high school with a general associates already so there’s a lot going on. Is there usually a counselor at a university I can get ahold of ? Do you know how to get to that page on a college website? I just need guidance and I’m not sure who to talk to for that. 


I also know a community college would be probably better for this but I would love a university school if possible 

3 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    X-ray & ultrasound technician programs are two year vocational/occupational training programs offered through community colleges. They are NOT academic degrees offered by 4-year universities. Contact your local community college. NOT Indiana University!

  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Ultrasound tech can be done at a community college.

    UI is not guaranteed to accept all of your credits from your associate degree. You will need to apply or speak direct to IU to find out what credits/classes they will accept. 

    Get a meeting with the admissions office.

  • John
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

    The Gary branch of Indiana University offers a 4 year degree in Medical Sonography.  Evidently, that would be a more advanced position than an ultrasound technician.  Someone at the Gary branch should be able to give you more information.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.