how do i deal with it or react when people flaunt something at me that i haven't got?

like im a single lone man, never found any relationships in life and never had a girlfriend, ive had serious mental problems to contend with half my life....but im not a virgin, ive had quite a bit of sex with a few girls in my past.....still, at aged 42, i'm now completely alone apart from my elderly parents who live far....i live alone in a flat...

i go to the gym regularly to swim and keep fit, try to better my life....and today i was leaving the gym after my swim session....and i saw a pretty blonde girl, lady in front of me , walking with some man with a beard and a baseball cap....she was pretty with yellowy blonde hair, natural.....and i felt angry right away, because i thought they were flaunting at me a life i haven't got....with a pretty lady walking by his side.....and i felt jealous and angry towards them.

people around where i live must constantly see me coming and going on my own and have worked out that i'm a solitary man and don't have any support network or relationships....and so they flaunt things that they've got in my face....like rubbing my nose in it??

how do i react and deal with it when that happens? without feeling very angry?

• k w
    Favorite Answer

flaunting = bragging= insecure behavior....have pity on them if anything, but say nothing either way

I didn't know you had "serious mental problems" since you never mention it.

• Una

Some of us are natural loners and simply don't enjoy the company of other people. Everyone, with or without a dateable personality, can find their own source of happiness. Jealousy can result in evil action so don't indulge in it.