Does man usually pay for his wife dishes?

Does usually man pay for his wife's dish? When they eat out? Or do they go dutch usually?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That would depend on how they've arranged their household finances. If they're very strict about keeping all the finances separate they might ask for separate checks. But most couples are able to work things out to where they can manage a meal out without having to inconvenience the wait staff. They either keep a joint credit card they each pay toward each month. Or in some cases they alternate paying for meals out. 

• 4 weeks ago

In my many years of marriage, I've always paid for the meals of both of us.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

LOL! Hahahahaha!

In most cultures it is still presumed by conventions that Men should be so grateful that a Woman would even consider having anything to do with him that the least a Man can do is hold the doors open, schooch the chairs under her butt at a table & Pay out the Wazoo for everything just to keep her motivated to pretend that she's the least bit interested in him as anything but 'Just Friends'.

After all, who's kidding who,, typically Men don't ask women out because they wanna be 'just friends' & Friends don't mooch off of Friends.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Since women are liberated, ask wife "where should we eat"; pay or dutch...LOL. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I prefer taking turns with my boyfriend. We alternate. 

• 4 weeks ago

yes , but depends on the culture

• -
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Some couple have joint accounts and share everything, some have separate finances and pay their share of joint expenses.

• L
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

As a married couple - OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks ago

I think that, most of the time, the man would pick up the entire bill.  Any husband who is too cheap to pay for his wife's meal is pretty useless.

• 4 weeks ago

There is no "usually". Each couple deides on their finances, hopefully depending on the amount of money each brings in, etc. If one is earning and the other is the home maker, one would think that the earner would pay. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.