Dirk asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

After trying to instal a program, my computer's GB filled up massively; I'd like help emptying my computer.?

I don't know why my computer filled up so much (hundreds of GB). I have tried cleaning it using the free Ccleaner, but that didn't resolve the issue much. Any ideas of what is taking up this much space and how to get rid of it?

Favorite Answer

You didn't say what the program was, so no, I have no idea what is taking up that much space. As to how to get rid of it, I would recommend installing a program called WinDirStat (don't worry, it only uses a couple megabytes of space).

https://windirstat.net/

When you run it, it'll generate a map so that you can see which directories and files are taking up the most space. Very large single files are especially obvious.

• Lv 7

if you installed a program, it uses storage space. just go to the Control Panel and uninstall it.

• Ron75

You never said what program you installed or where you got it from. But you might check your Add/Remove program list and see if it loaded more crap ware as many of these do if you don't watch them. There are free disk check programs but they don't do a lot. If all else fails try removing that program and then do a defrag and clean disk and see if you regain your lost space.

Ron