Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Will there ever be another live-action PG Star Wars movie?

Episode III was the first Star Wars movie to be rated PG-13.  I thought that when Disney took over the franchise they would make the sequel trilogy PG like the original trilogy was.  However, EVERY Star Wars movie Disney has made is PG-13.  The only Star Wars movie to be rated PG since Revenge of the Sith was The Clone Wars and that was animated.  When are we going to get another PG live-action Star Wars movie?

Update:

Qui-Gon was impaled in Episode I and Jango got beheaded in Episode II and both of those came out years after the PG-13 rating was established.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

One can only hope there will be no more Star Wars films made.  Ever.  They've done such a poor job with the 7 of the last 8 (Solo wasn't awful), I think it's time for Star Wars to be put to bed for a while, unless they can find a real story teller who actually cares about the material.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Anything that includes space battles and light saber fights is probably going to get a PG-13. Especially if deaths are shown. You have to remember the PG-13 rating didn't come into being until 1984.

• 1 month ago

Nothing is for certain, but in order for Star Wars to appeal to a larger audience, they're going to need to put in some degree of violence (e.g. shooting laser guns at each other, lightsaber fights, etc). These earn movies the PG-13 ratings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.