What's this problem ?

When i start my laptop this message appears everytime, can anybody tell me the problem ?

• Shadow

You are probably using a Dell laptop or AIO. Basically, a while back, Dell had a bit of a problem with their laptop batteries overcharging and in some cases, exploding. So to prevent this, they designed their PC's and power adapters to 'communicate' with each other although the problem was claimed to be caused by users of Dell products using generic chargers on the PC's. This basically means that you need to use an original Dell power adapter to charge or power a Dell PC. The message can be removed but the battery will not be charged. If you're using an AIO (All In One) then you needn't worry and can just press F3.

You are using the Low/high voltage capacity adapter for your laptop or either using the other company's charger that is not compatible with your laptop. Get a Dell 65W AC Adapter to avoide this message.

I used to always get that on my laptop.....I ignorantly ignored the problem..hoping it'd go away on it's own........until one day it broke so I had to buy a new one....My advice......give it in to fix NOW............best wishes!!

I would reset power settings back to defaults in BIOS if applicable. 

It's not a problem, It's just detected that you aren't using the OEM power supply. If your laptop is charging properly and behaving, it's nothing to worry about.  You can get rid of this bleat as others have said.

• keerok

You're using a power adapter that didn't originally come with the laptop. The specs of the present adapter may be lower than that of the original. If you see that the battery charges despite that, then there's no problem. You can always ignore the warning by pressing F3 the next time you see that message.

If you are indeed using the original adapter, then there's something wrong with it. If it still charges, then no problem. Press F3 when you see the warning message. If the battery doesn't charge, it's time to get a new one.

• David

I got this with my Dell laptop, either there is a minor glitch or you are using a third party charger. You can safely ignore it but you can disable this message by going into the BIOS, Advanced, charger behavior, disable.

Don't worry too much about it.  You're using a power cable that didn't come with the computer and it knows it.  It's the usual s hit you get from major computer companies "use only our stuff or your computer may not work".  If your computer is charging (and it should be) it's fine, nothing to worry about.