What's the average total amount in bank account?

For someone with these traits:

•early 30s

•still lives with parents

•never married

•never had at least one kid (biological nor adopted)

Bank account is owned by only ONE person, not like a family of 4 (aka parents & 2 children)

Examples: Is it about $20,000? $40,000? $90,000?

• n2mama

I don’t know if there is an average amount for someone you describe. There are too many other factors that play into it, ranging from what kind of job they have to how much debt they have. There’s a user on here “Miguel” who claims to be 30 and still living with his parents in L.A. who I would be very surprised if he has even $1000 in the bank. In general, I wouldn’t think much, because if they had the ability to save $50,000, why would they still be leeching off their parents?

How long is a piece of string??

How much do you earn?

How much board do you pay?

How much do you pay in loans, eg car?

How many years have you worked? 10 years? 15 years?

More than some, less than others.

Bank account is far less meaningful than net worth.  I was probably at around $100k at 30 when I moved out. Less than $10k in cash in a bank account. I had a business and I had stocks.

I would say it depends on how much you make and what kind of bills you have. I’m 24 and live with my parents. I’m looking for a full time job and have gone to my old job at a restaurant where I make $13 an hour. I pay for stuff like my car, phone, credit card, etc. Most of my paycheck goes to my student loans. I’ve managed to save a couple grand. I know someone that’s 26 and lives with her parents. She already has a full time job and has saved a lot more than that. She was also able to buy a brand new car outright. If you don’t really have any bills, I would say it’s fairly easy to rack up thousands of dollars in your account. If you’re paying on a lot of stuff, it might not be very much.