Is it true that because of COVID-19 you can only have a certain amount of people at a wedding ?

Because I have a friend who a while ago wanted my address cause she was sending out invitations. When she finally sent out the invitations I never got one so I asked her about it cause I didn't know why I didn't get one. She said well do to COVID-19 she can only have a certain amount of people so she had to cut out alot of people

• Jill
    Favorite Answer

Yes this is true in most places that have social distancing rules. 

Sometimes it's a set amount and sometimes it is determined by the size of the venue. 

• John P

Depends where you are in the world. In the UK it was 30 max for a couple of months, but just yesterday new rules - now down to 15.

Depends on the state and whether or not the wedding will be indoors or outdoors. 

For example, here in MA, I think it’s limited to 25 people for an outside mass gathering. It’s down to 10 if it’s held indoors like a church or a home. Masks and social distancing are required if the guests are not family members living in the same house.

If you live in South Dakota, there’s no restrictions.