Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

I have a question for the elderly people of yahoo answers. When was the last time you “rented” a DVD and a VHS tape and what was the price?

If you can remember the year you last rented a DVD and the year you last rented a VHS tape. And what the approximate price of the rental was in olden days money. 

• A.J.

I don't remember which years were VHS, but I still rent an occasional Redbox disk. There are 9 boxes within a mile from my apartment. They have newer movies than Netflix and are cheaper than paid streaming. I also stop by the library sometimes or reserve disks for free. I don't waste money much which is why I was able to retire at age 51. 

• ennui

I am not "elderly". I've still got a couple years before I'm 60. However, I think the last time I rented a DVD was about 8 years ago. VHS is harder to remember, but probably around 2000 -- maybe a little later. Olden days money? lol... DVD, whatever Red Box charged 8 years ago, and VHS, probably a buck or two. I will say this, though, I was watching streaming movies before it was a thing. I won't say my sources were totally legit, though. 

I rented a dvd last week and i was free after $1.80 off t-mobile Tuesday coupon