I want to start a business making costumed kitchen doors but I don’t understand how to estimate the door prices, can someone help me?

I never saw a cabinet door wear a costume, ever. Nor would I buy a custom door from someone with only a marginal command of the English language.

Aside from Fuzzy's excellent answer, I will ask, "What is your market?" How many people in your geographic area have enough money to buy custom cabinetry, which *should* cost more than the mass-produced stuff at Lowes or Home Depot. Custom suits, custom bridal gowns, custom-made *anything* costs more than factory made. You can't possibly undercut prices of the big box stores because you won't have the economy of scale.

You can get custom cabinet doors at Lowes and HomeDepot so you need to see what they charge. You will have to be competitive with them or you will not get much business. Figure your cost for materials and labor and see how they compare with Lowes and HomeDepot to see if you are competitive after you add a profit to your prices.

Materials: add 40% to everything that you buy.

Labor: A five piece door (2 stiles, 2 runners, raised center panel) would probably take me an hour to make once the setup was done. Most likely another hour per door for finishing. 

Your going to need some pricey equipment to start, a $200 dollar table saw is not going to cut it for making perfectly cut and square parts, panel bits and a router with the horsepower to to turn them, along with a planer, joiner, and a good flat large work table, all not cheap. So you need to figure in your capitol outlay costs, and then look at the prevailing costs in your area. You'll need to undercut the competition by 10 to 20% all while figuring in how much (do I want to make this year).

Buying wood retail is going to kill you so you'll want to get in good with some raw wood people. 

price your materials at lowe's or home depot. add labor at minimum of $30 an hour. then mark up from there to cover your selling expenses and installation

Then you are not ready to start a business. Especially if you can't even figure out how to use the internet to learn at least a little bit about how to price a product.

• G

Can I get one in knights in shining armor costume? Be sure to include a sword.

add the cost of the materials + labor etc then add a percentage. If you charge less then what it costs you to make the doors then you do not make anything. You lose money.

What kind of costumes do doors wear?

But for custom doors...

There's the raw materials -- wood, plywood, nails, screws, hinges, door handle, the latching/closing mechanisms, the door jambs, etc. 

There's the measurements of the space where the door will fit, and the variations (many door ways are NOT square).

Then there's the making time, labour, tools (saws, hammers, screwdrivers, chisels, drills...), design skills, making skills, and so on. Plus there's accounting and other talents needed that can't quite be directly calculated to add to the invoice.

And the company needs to make a profit; handle the depreciation on the tools, make up for errors in previous jobs, and so on.

Not knowing your skills, and what you really are going to do, I can't quite estimate what all these are. But, basically, you should be in the ballpark at the raw materials times 3.